Air fryers are a popular kitchen appliance that allows you to cook food with little to no oil, resulting in a healthier and crispier outcome.
However, cleaning an air fryer can be a bit of a hassle.
In this article, we will discuss the easiest way to clean an air fryer, what you’ll need, and the steps to take.
Let’s get started.
What You’ll Need:
- Warm, soapy water
- Sponge or soft-bristled brush
- Mild detergent
- Damp cloth
- Tongs (optional)
- Unplug and Cool Down: Before cleaning your air fryer, make sure it is unplugged and cooled down. This will prevent any accidents or injuries.
- Empty and Clean the Basket and Tray: Using tongs, remove any leftover food debris from the basket and tray. Wash the basket and tray with warm, soapy water and a sponge. For tough stains, use a soft-bristled brush.
- Clean the Exterior: Wipe the exterior of the air fryer with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can scratch the surface.
- Clean the Heating Element: Use a soft-bristled brush to remove any debris from the heating element usually located at the top of the air fryer. Wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- Clean the Control Panel: Wipe the control panel with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Dry the control panel thoroughly before using the air fryer again.
- Clean the Air Filter: Most air fryers come with an air filter that should be cleaned regularly. The air filter can be removed and washed with warm, soapy water. Allow the air filter to dry completely before reassembling the air fryer.
How Often Should You Clean the Air Fryer?
It is recommended to clean your air fryer after each use to ensure that it stays in top working condition. However, if you use your air fryer frequently, it is suggested to give it a deep clean at least once a week. This includes cleaning the basket and tray, the exterior, the heating element, the control panel, and the air filter.
Additionally, it is also recommended to wipe down the interior of the air fryer with a damp cloth after each use to remove any food debris and prevent any buildup of grease or oil.
Regular cleaning will not only prolong the lifespan of your air fryer but will also ensure that your food is cooked in a clean and hygienic environment.
Cleaning your air fryer regularly is important to ensure it stays in top working condition and is ready for your next cooking adventure.
By following these simple steps and using the necessary materials, you can easily clean your air fryer. Remember to always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific cleaning instructions and recommendations.
Looking for another way to clean your air fryer? Read How to Clean Your Air Fryer Basket with Baking Soda if you have the time.
Thank you for reading.
-Baking Soda Guy