Cleaning the mold off your bathroom tiles is easier than you think. You just need to know the right cleaning solution to use.
This is where vinegar comes in. Vinegar is one of the best household cleaners and it can do wonders for your bathroom tiles, too! Not only does it clean your tiles but also kills mold and deodorizes your bathroom.
In this article, I’ll explain how you can clean moldy bathroom tiles with vinegar.
What You’ll Need:
- Dish soap
- Microfiber cloths
- Spray bottle
- Cleaning gloves
- Wear cleaning gloves. Safety first.
- Clean the tiles with dish soap and a sponge. Rinse with water.
- Spray the tiles with vinegar. Make sure you get all the spots with mold build-up. Let the vinegar sit for 10 minutes.
- Use a cloth or brush to scrub mold and grime off the tiles.
- Rinse the tiles with water and dry them off with a clean cloth.
Why Use Vinegar?
Vinegar is a natural cleaning product that you can use in to clean your bathroom tiles. It’s also cheap, easy to use, and effective at removing mold from your bathroom tiles. Vinegar is an environmentally friendly alternative to harsh chemicals—and it’s safe for humans and pets alike.
What Kinds of Vinegar to Use for Cleaning Bathroom Tiles?
You may be wondering what kind of vinegar you should use when cleaning your bathroom tiles. There are many different types of vinegar to choose from, but they all have different properties that make them better suited for certain tasks. The most common varieties are:
- Apple cider vinegar – This type is made with fermented apple cider and has a distinctively sweet, fruity scent. It’s most often used for salad dressings, but it can also be used in cleaning projects like this one.
- White vinegar – This is the most common type sold at grocery stores and pharmacies. It has a sharp smell that’s similar to alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover).
- Distilled white vinegar – This is just like regular white vinegar except that it’s been distilled into an odorless liquid form so there won’t be any overpowering smells while you’re working on your project. You might want to buy this if you want something specifically without any aromas involved in its production process; otherwise, just go ahead with regular old “white” stuff instead since they’re essentially interchangeable here.
Benefits of Having Clean Bathroom Tiles
- Hygienic – When you have clean bathroom tiles, the room smells fresh and no bacteria or mold are growing on them. This means that germs don’t spread around as much when someone touches one of these surfaces with their hands.
- Attractive – A sparklingly clean bathroom makes your whole home feel more inviting and welcoming! The smell of freshly washed tiles will make guests want to stay longer because they know how well cared for everything looks.
- Easier To Keep Clean – Mold spores can easily settle into cracks and crevices where dirt accumulates over time if you don’t regularly clean your bathroom tiles. So, keeping those areas free from grime prevents further buildup from happening later on down the line.
How Often Should You Clean Bathroom Tiles?
To keep your bathroom tiles looking their best, it’s recommended that you give them a weekly scrub. If you have kids or pets and lots of foot traffic, this could easily be more than once a week.
Cleaning bathroom tiles is a simple task that you can do yourself. You don’t need to hire professionals or use expensive products to clean mold off bathroom tiles.
You just need vinegar and water, which are very affordable and available in any home supply store. All it takes is some work on your part and the right tools, like gloves and rags.
If you follow these steps closely, they will help you clean most bathroom tile surfaces without causing damage or discoloration.
If you’re looking for more ways to clean with vinegar around the house, see my article on How to Clean Mirrors with Vinegar.
Thank you for reading my blog.
-Baking Soda Guy
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels