There are few things worse than stepping into a shower that is curtained with mildew-stained plastic. Stains, odor, and heavy accumulation of soap scum can make a shower curtain look dingy and unappealing.
Luckily, there’s an easy way to clean your shower curtains and restore them to their original beauty. All it takes is a little baking soda.
In this article, I’ll teach you how to clean your shower curtains with baking soda.
Let’s get started.
What You’ll Need:
- Baking soda
- A bowl or bucket
- Sponge or scrub brush
- Dish soap (optional)
- Mix 1 part baking soda and 3 parts water in a bowl until you have a paste. You can also add a bit of dish soap if you want.
- Dip a sponge or brush into the baking soda mixture and scrub your shower curtain with it until you’ve removed as much grime as possible.
- Rinse off the shower curtain with water and hang it to dry.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Shower Curtain
You may need to replace your shower curtain if you notice any of the following:
- The curtain doesn’t look as good as it used to. Shower curtains can fade over time, and replacing them every few years is a great way to keep your bathroom looking fresh.
- You have mold or mildew on the fabric that won’t come off. Mold and mildew are common in bathrooms because mold spores are everywhere and thrive in dark places with high humidity levels like bathrooms. If you’re not finding success in removing mold from your shower curtain, then it’s time to get a new one.
How Often Should You Clean Your Shower Curtains?
How often you should clean your shower curtain depends on the frequency of use. If you have a daily or weekly shower, consider washing it once a week. If you take baths instead of showers, then consider cleaning your shower curtain once a month.
This will help remove built-up dirt from daily use and prevent mold from growing on your liner.
Why Use Baking Soda?
When it comes to cleaning the bathroom, baking soda is a natural option. It’s a mild abrasive and stain remover that won’t harm you, your family, or your pets.
You don’t have to worry about inhaling harmful chemicals while you clean; in fact, since it’s all-natural, it can actually help purify your air quality as well. Baking soda also has antibacterial and antifungal properties that will keep mold at bay on shower curtains as well as tubs and sinks too!
If you’re looking for a fast way to get stains out of your shower curtain without using harsh chemicals then baking soda is for you!
Benefits of Having Clean Shower Curtains
- Your shower curtain will not attract mold or mildew.
- Your shower curtain will last longer and look nicer if it’s clean.
- Your shower curtain will smell better when it’s clean.
- A clean curtain is more sanitary for you and your family members
And that’s how you clean your shower curtain by using baking soda. With this cleaning method and a little effort, you can finally tackle those grimy shower curtains.
If you’re looking for more natural bathroom cleaning tips, check out my article on How to Clean Mold Off Bathroom Ceiling with Vinegar.
Thanks for dropping by.
-Baking Soda Guy
Photo by Charlotte May from Pexels