Sometimes washing with soap and water is not enough to remove burnt food and grease from your air fryer basket. In that case, adding a little baking soda will make a world of difference.
In this article, I’ll show you how to clean your air fryer basket and grill pan by using baking soda and dish soap.
Combining the two will not just clean the air fryer basket and pan, but it’ll also remove any unpleasant smell left behind.
Let us start.
What you’ll need:
Optional: Soft Brush
1. Safety first. Make sure your air fryer is unplugged. Then remove the basket.
2. Make the solution. Fill up your air fryer basket about halfway with warm water. Add in 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of dish soap. Give it a stir until you see some suds.
3. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes. This will give the solution time to soften the burnt food and separate the grease from the metal.
4. Scrub with a sponge. Be careful not to scrub too hard because the non-stick coating of some air fryer brands can easily get scratched. You can also use a soft brush to get between the gaps of the grill pan.
5. Rinse well. Make sure you wash off all the suds and traces of baking soda.
6. Dry the air fryer basket and grill pan. Use a clean cloth or paper towels. Make sure it’s totally dried before you put it back in the air fryer. I like to place the air fryer basket and grill pan on the dish rack and let them dry overnight.
There you have it.
Adding a bit of baking soda can make a huge difference when cleaning your air fryer.
If you’re looking for more ways to use baking soda in your kitchen, please check out my article on ways you can use baking soda to clean and deodorize your fridge.
I hope that you found this article helpful.
Thanks for reading.
-Baking Soda Guy