AirPods are a popular and convenient way to listen to music, but they can also become dirty and covered in earwax.
If not cleaned properly, this can affect the sound quality and overall performance of the AirPods.
In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to clean your AirPods to keep them in top condition.
Let’s get started.
What You’ll Need:
70% isopropyl alcohol solution
- Gently remove the earbuds from the charging case and place them on a clean surface.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently wipe down the earbuds, removing any dirt or debris. If there is any earwax on the earbuds, dampen a cotton swab with the 70% isopropyl alcohol solution and gently wipe away the earwax.
- The microphone and speaker meshes are located at the bottom of the earbuds. Use a dry cotton swab to gently clean these meshes, being careful not to push any debris into the speaker or microphone holes.
- Wipe down the exterior of the charging case with a soft, lint-free cloth. If there is any debris inside the charging case, use a dry cotton swab to gently remove it.
- Allow the AirPods and charging case to air dry completely before using or charging.
How Often Should You Clean Your AirPods?
It is recommended to clean your AirPods once every two weeks, or as often as necessary. This will keep them in top condition and prevent the build-up of dirt and earwax that can impact the sound quality and performance.
If you use your AirPods frequently or in a dirty environment, you may need to clean them more frequently. Use your best judgment.
Reasons to Clean Your AirPods
There are several reasons why it is important to clean your AirPods regularly.
It’s important to clean your AirPods regularly to keep them working well. Dirt and earwax can clog the microphones and speaker meshes, reducing sound quality. Over time, dirt buildup can also cause your AirPods to stop working.
Leaving dirty AirPods in your ear canal for long periods also increases the risk of ear infections. Cleaning your AirPods regularly extends their lifespan and improves their performance.
When cleaning your AirPods, be sure to use only a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution and a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid using sharp objects, such as cotton swabs with pointed tips, as they can damage the delicate components of the AirPods.
Also, be sure to allow the AirPods to air dry completely before using or charging. Improper cleaning can result in damage to the AirPods and may void the warranty.
7 Tips for Maintaining Your AirPods
- Clean regularly: Wipe your AirPods and the charging case with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove any dirt and earwax. Use a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution for cleaning.
- Store in the charging case: Keep your AirPods in the charging case when not in use to protect them from scratches and damage.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: Avoid exposing your AirPods to extreme temperatures, as this can cause damage to the battery and other components.
- Handle with care: Be gentle when handling your AirPods, and avoid exposing them to excessive force or impact.
- Avoid getting wet: Water and moisture can damage the AirPods and charging case, so try to keep them dry. If they do get wet, allow them to air dry completely before using.
- Use only official accessories: To maintain the quality and performance of your AirPods, it’s best to use only official accessories, such as the charging case and ear tips.
- Charge regularly: Regularly charging the AirPods and charging case will help to extend their lifespan and keep them working well.
So there you have it. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your AirPods are free of dirt, earwax, and other debris, and maintain their sound quality and performance.
Keeping your AirPods clean is a quick and easy way to keep the tunes flowing and the party going. Don’t let dirt and earwax ruin your listening experience – get into the habit of cleaning your AirPods regularly, and they’ll keep you jamming for years to come.
Is your television screen looking a bit blurry? Read How to Clean Your TV Screen: A Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning it for Optimal Viewing.
Thanks for reading!
-Baking Soda Guy