Are you tired of struggling to clean your blender blades? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
In this post, I’ll show you how to easily and effectively clean your blender blades using a simple and affordable ingredient: salt!
We’ll go over the items you’ll need, the steps to take, and why salt is such a great choice for cleaning blender blades.
Plus, we’ll talk about how often you should be cleaning your blades to keep your blender in tip-top shape.
Let’s get started.
What You’ll Need:
- Dish soap
- A soft cloth or sponge
- A toothbrush (optional)
- First things first, fill your blender about halfway with warm water.
- Next, add a teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Pop the blender lid on and pulse the blender for a few seconds to mix the salt and water together.
- Turn off the blender and let the mixture sit for around 10-15 minutes. This will give the salt time to work its magic and loosen any stuck-on food or stains.
- After the mixture has sat for a bit, add a drop or two of dish soap to the water and pulse the blender again for a few seconds.
- Turn off the blender and carefully pour the soapy water out.
- Rinse the blender thoroughly with warm water.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe down the blades and the inside of the blender. If you’ve got any pesky bits of food or stains that just won’t come off, you can use a toothbrush to scrub them away.
- Rinse the blender one more time and dry it off completely.
Why Use Salt to Clean the Blender Blades?
Salt is an excellent natural cleaning agent that’s both abrasive and gentle.
It’s great at scrubbing away stuck-on food and stains, but it’s also gentle enough to use on a variety of surfaces, including blender blades.
Plus, it’s cheap and easy to find, making it a convenient choice for cleaning.
How Often Should You Clean the Blades?
It’s a good idea to clean your blender blades after each use to prevent food from drying on and becoming harder to remove.
Just be sure to give the blades a good scrub whenever you notice food starting to build up after each use.
Cleaning your blender blades with salt is an easy and effective way to keep your appliance in top shape.
By following the steps outlined above, you can easily remove stuck-on food and stains and keep your blades clean and sharp.
Remember to clean your blades regularly and you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of your blender for years to come. Happy blending!
If you’re looking for more cleaning tips around the kitchen, check out my post on How to Use a Lemon to Clean Your Microwave. Give it a quick read if you have time.
Thanks for reading.
-Baking Soda Guy
Photo by cottonbro studio from Pexels