Don’t you just hate how your gym bag smells after you’ve been to the gym a couple of times? I know I do.
Let’s say you just finished a 60-minute cardio workout, and as you’re changing back into your regular clothes, you realize that your gym bag smells like an old shoe.
It’s not good for the clothes in your bag, and much worse for anybody unfortunate enough to be trapped in a small enclosed room with your stinky gym bag.
Whether you use your gym bag for your workouts or travel, it can get pretty stinky. The best way to deodorize it is, of course, washing it.
But if you’re busy and don’t have the time, I suggest trying this little trick with baking soda to deodorize the inside of your gym bag without washing.
I’ve used it many times to deodorize my gym bag. It works great every time.
In this article, I’ll show you how to deodorize your gym bags without washing them with the help of baking soda. Follow these steps to get rid of that nasty workout bag smell.
What You’ll Need:
Optional: Vacuum cleaner
1. Unzip your gym bag, empty it and place it inside the trash bag. If your gym bag has more than one section, make sure you open all of them.
2. Put 1-2 cups of baking soda in a small bowl, depending on the size of your gym bag. Place it inside your gym bag.
3. Tie the end of the plastic bag to seal the gym bag with the baking soda inside. Leave it overnight to give the baking soda time to absorb the odor.
4. Remove the gym bag from the trash bag. If there is any baking soda spilled in the bag, shake it out. You may also clean up any spilled baking soda with a vacuum.
5. Hang your gym bag outside for half an hour. The sunlight’s UV rays kill microorganisms that cause the stink.
How Often Can I Use This Baking Soda Method to Deodorize My Gym Bag?
You may do so as often as you like. Baking soda is a non-toxic cleaner and deodorizer, so your gym bags should be fine.
Use this no-wash method when you start to notice your gym bag getting a little stinky.
How Often Should You Wash Your Gym Bag?
Wash your gym bag at least once a month.
If you go for too long without washing your gym bag, it can be harder to remove the stink. It can even grow mold and harmful bacteria.
So set up your calendar alarm and give your gym bag a monthly wash.
And that’s how to use baking soda to deodorize my gym bag without washing. I hope you’ll give it a try the next time your gym bag starts to smell funky.
If you’re looking for more ways to use baking soda in the gym, see my article on how to deodorize your gi or kimono with baking soda.
Thanks for dropping by my blog.
-Baking Soda Guy