Did you know that cellphones have ten times more bacteria than most toilet seats? Gross! I was shocked too when I learned about it.
So I did a little research and found out that baking soda has antibacterial properties. I knew right then I have to try it out as a phone case cleaner.
And I’m happy with the result. Not only does baking soda clean my phone case it also deodorizes it.
Now I use it to clean my phone case every few days. I prefer using it over rubbing alcohol because it’s odorless and won’t fade the color of my phone case. I reserve alcohol for cleaning my phone’s screen protector. But that’s a different topic entirely.
So let’s begin.
Here’s how I use baking soda to clean my phone case.
What you’ll need:
Bowl or microwavable container
1. Combine 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 cup of water. Mix well.
2. Dip the cloth in the solution. Squeeze out the excess water.
3. Rub your phone case with the cloth. Focus on the stains and dirt build-up.
4. After rubbing with the cloth, rinse the phone case with clean water. I do this to make sure there’s no leftover baking soda that may leave a white residue.
5. Dry your phone case with a clean cloth or paper towel.
3 Things to Consider When Using Baking Soda to Clean Your Phone Case
- Most phone cases sold online are made of plastic or synthetic leather. However, if your phone case is made of more uncommon materials like wood and genuine leather, make sure you check the packaging your case came in for cleaning instructions. Baking soda is abrasive and may scratch some surfaces.
- Don’t forget to remove your phone case from your phone before cleaning it. Water and electronics don’t mix.
- If you have painted phone cases, don’t use the solution to clean the outside of the case. Baking soda could scratch or fade the paint. Only use it on the inside part.
Now that your phone case is clean, you can get back to your emails and mobile games without worrying about germs.
By the way, did you know baking soda is strong enough to get rid of pet pee stench? Check out that article if you’re a fur parent like me.
I hope that this article was helpful to you.
Thanks for reading!
-Baking Soda Guy