Gym mats can get quite dirty and smelly over time, especially if they are used frequently.
While there are many cleaning products on the market that can be used to clean gym mats, toothpaste can actually be a great option.
In this post, we’ll go over the things you’ll need, the steps to follow, the advantages of using toothpaste for cleaning gym mats, how often you should clean your gym mats, what kind of toothpaste to use, and things to avoid when using toothpaste for cleaning gym mats. Keep reading to learn these.
Let’s get started.
Things You’ll Need:
- Toothpaste (non-gel, non-abrasive variety)
- A clean, soft cloth
- A soft scrub brush (optional)
- Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste onto a clean, soft cloth.
- Wet the gym mat with water.
- Rub the toothpaste onto the mat using circular motions.
- Scrub the mat with a scrub brush to help loosen any dirt or grime. Be careful not to scrub too hard and scratch the mat.
- Rinse the mat with water to remove the toothpaste.
- Allow the mat to air dry or wipe it dry with a clean, dry cloth.
Advantages of Using Toothpaste for Cleaning Gym Mats
- Toothpaste is a natural cleaner and is non-toxic, making it safe to use around the house.
- Toothpaste is also a mild abrasive, which makes it great for removing tough stains and grime from gym mats.
- Toothpaste is inexpensive and easy to find, making it a convenient cleaning option.
How Often Should You Clean Gym Mats?
It’s a good idea to clean your gym mats at least once a month to remove dirt, sweat, and bacteria that can accumulate over time.
If your gym mats are used frequently, you may want to clean them more often to ensure they stay clean and hygienic. If you’re mats start to stink, then it’s time for a wash.
What Kind of Toothpaste Can You Use to Clean Gym Mats?
It’s best to use a non-gel, non-abrasive toothpaste for cleaning gym mats.
Avoid using toothpaste that contains baking soda or other harsh abrasives, as these can potentially scratch the mat.
Things to Avoid When Using Toothpaste for Cleaning Gym Mats
- Avoid using too much toothpaste, as this can be difficult to remove and can leave a residue.
- Avoid using toothpaste on gym mats with a special coating, as it may cause damage.
- Don’t let toothpaste touch wood or painted surfaces, as it may strip the finish.
If you’re looking for a way to clean your gym mat, toothpaste can be a great option.
It’s easy to find and cheap, so you won’t have to spend much time or money on supplies—and it works just as well if not better than other cleaning products.
I hope you found this article useful. If you’re looking for more ways to use toothpaste around the house, please see my article on How to Use Toothpaste to Fill Holes.
Thanks for dropping by my blog!
-Baking Soda Guy
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels