Are you having roach problems at home but don’t want to use toxic pesticides to get the job done?
Good thing you can eliminate cockroaches with baking soda and sugar.
At first, I wasn’t sure if it will even work. Now, I do this method every summer when roaches tend to come out.
It’s easy, and you only need 3 things. Try it out.
What you’ll need:
Steps in Using Baking Soda and Sugar to Eliminate Roaches
1. Mix equal parts baking soda and sugar in a shallow dish.
2. Leave the dish overnight on the spot where roaches hang out. The sugar will attract cockroaches.
3. The next day, check around the spot and sweep up any dead roaches.
Keep Roaches Away
Cockroaches are resilient little rascals.
They can spread diseases by contaminating your food. Food poisoning is no fun. Believe me, I’ve been there.
They also reproduce at an unbelievable rate. It’s vital that you not only kill roaches but also prevent them from returning.
Here are a few things you can do to prevent them from coming back.
- Keep your house clean and dry. Roaches are attracted to food crumbs and moisture. You can try some of the methods on this site if you want to clean using baking soda instead of chemical cleaners. Like this article on how to wash your tiles with baking soda.
- Store food in a sealed container. Don’t leave leftover food out in the open for too long. The same goes for pet food.
- Check your pipes for leaks. If there are any, make sure you get a plumber to fix it.
- Take out the trash every day.
If the cockroach infestation keeps recurring, consider calling a professional exterminator to assess the problem.
Roaches and the diseases they carry are no fun. Keep them at bay with baking soda.
I hope that you give this method of killing roaches a try.
Please share this article if you find it helpful.
Thank you for reading.
-Baking Soda Guy